Regard must be had to the higher standard of conduct expected from public officials, and the number of falsehoods that have been put forward by the Public Protector in the course of the litigation. This conduct included the numerous “misstatements”, like misrepresenting, under oath, her reliance on evidence of economic experts in drawing up the report, failing to provide a complete record, ordered and indexed, so that the contents thereof could be determined, failing to disclose material meetings and then obfuscating the reasons for them and the reasons why they had not been previously disclosed, and generally failing to provide the court with a frank and candid account of her conduct in preparing the report. The punitive aspect of the costs order therefore stands.
Appeal for support – Support the 2010 Ntaba ka Ndoda Heritage Festival
Without the support of the community and friends, it is not possible for the Ntaba ka Ndoda Heritage Festival to exist and host its annual event. We appeal to individuals, organisations, foundations, companies and others to consider providing financial and non-financial support as we complete our preparations for the 2010 Festival. The Ntaba ka Ndoda Heritage Festival is an initiative of the people of the Debe, Ngqumeya and Rabula villages to mark and celebrate the natural, political and cultural heritage that is symbolised by the mountain of Ntaba ka Ndoda. This is done through an annual festival that is held during the Heritage Day weekend every year (2010: 24-26 September).
The community has been able to mobilise volunteers, local donations and local material to prepare for this Festival. Many community volunteers have contributed their time, their cellphone airtime, their cars and petrol and other contributions to make things possible. But our resources are still not enough for us to meet all our costs on our own.
For the 2010 Festival, we appeal for and request the following material:
· 5 balls each for rugby, and soccer;
· Cups and medals for winners and runners-up for soccer, netball and rugby tournaments;
· Certificates of participation for choirs, cultural groups, and other participants;
· A petrol generator, a projector and wall screen to show films in local schools without electricity and audio-visual equipment;
· Boards and pieces for darts, chess, morabaraba, scrabble, and other indoor board games; and
· A volunteer photographer and/or audio-visual recorder.
In addition to the above non-financial needs, our budget for the 2010 Festival also includes transport and airtime costs. It comes to a total of R22,000 (twenty two thousand rands). With your support we can meet this budget as well as the non-financial targets we have set ourselves.
If you are able to make a financial donation, please make a deposit into our bank account as follows:
· Bank – ABSA
· Branch – King William’s Town
· Branch code – 632005
· Account name – Ntaba ka Ndoda Heritage Festival
· Account number – 925 024 5926
· Type of account – Club Savings Account
If you are considering a non-financial contribution, please contact:
· Mr. Vizinto Mgunyasi – Festival Committee Chairperson, Cell – 076 745 2631
· Ms. Thobeka Finca – Festival Coordinator, Cell – 083 595 0732
We also use this opportunity to thank our core of ongoing friends and supporters whose contribution over the past years have helped the Festival survive and grow.