It seems that the more places I see and experience, the bigger I realize the world to be. The more I become aware of, the more I realize how relatively little I know of it, how many places I have still to go, how much more there is to learn.
Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life — and travel — leaves marks on you.
The journey is part of the experience — an expression of the seriousness of one’s intent. One doesn’t take the A train to Mecca.
JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
NOTICE OF EXTENSION
Kindly note that in light of the number of the nominations received, the Judicial Service Commission (Commission) has decided to extend the date of the nominations to fill the vacancies listed below to 01 July 2011.
The Commission invites nominations to fill vacancies as Judges in the following
1. Supreme Court of Appeal
One vacancy for Deputy President
2. Electoral Court
Candidates for this vacancy do not need to be judges but should either be
Advocates or Attorneys.
3. Eastern Cape High Court (Grahamstown)
4. Free State High Court
5. KwaZulu-Natal High Court
One vacancy for Judge President
Three vacancies for Judges
6. Labour Court
7. North and South Gauteng High Courts
8. Western Cape High Court
Nominations must be accompanied by the candidate’s written consent, detailed curriculum vitae disclosing the candidate’s formal qualifications for appointment, the standard questionnaire completed and signed by the candidate, as well as copies of at least three written judgments by the candidate. The standard questionnaire to be completed by all nominees is available on the Constitutional Court website www.constitutionalcourt.org.za.
The JSC reserves the right to recommend a candidate for the filling of any vacancy which may exist at the time of the interviews. This is to avoid the situation which has arisen in the past when, despite the availability of suitable candidates, no appointments could be made to fill vacancies which had occurred subsequent to the notice calling for nominations. Consequently, in making nominations, regard should be had to the possibility that more judicial vacancies may occur than have been advertised.
The Secretariat wishes to emphasize the following points:
1. Interviews with short-listed candidates will be conducted in public, i.e. members of the public and the media (both electronic and print) will be entitled to be present.
2. It is open to persons or bodies nominating candidates to motivate their nominations by referring the JSC to the candidate’s qualifications and general fitness for appointment.
3. The questionnaire must be accompanied by the standardized “clearance certificate” which the candidate is required to obtain from his/her professional body regarding the candidate’s professional status within that body, his or her suitability for appointment to the Bench and the nature of any disciplinary proceedings completed or pending in respect of the relevant candidate.
4. Nominations must be addressed to and reach the Secretariat of the JSC by no later than Friday, 01 July 2011 at 16h00. The JSC will not consider any nomination received after the abovementioned date.
The date and venue for the interviews will be communicated to candidates in due course.
Applications must be addressed to:
The Secretariat of the JSC
Private Bag Xl
Statement issued by Sello Chiloane, Secretariat: Judicial Service Commission, June 17 2011BACK TO TOP